Friday, July 8, 2011

Awesome Quest 2011

Weekly Awesome Quest Challenge #1:

Part of being Awesome for me is pushing myself out of my comfort zone. My comfort zone sure is comfortable, but not terribly enjoyable. There are a lot of things I hold myself back from. How can you take a step out of that zone this week? What have you been holding yourself back from? 


... I hold myself back from letting anybody in public see me practicing juggling, guitar, or French-- three things I want to practice frequently when I am out hanging around waiting for my kids somewhere, but am completely embarrassed to do so, because I'm awful at all of them.  In the next week, I'll do one of them, even if other people are around.  Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I am NOT about to publish a novel of suspense, but I sure would like to publish a novel some day. Howabout you? Howabout we invite each other? :)

    (Hmm. That was, I think, a tangent!)

    I actually came here to say Hello, and that I just spent a truly satisfying time reading every single one of your posts. Thank you for leaving a comment on my post the other day—it led me here (a little later than I planned, but I am here!).

    I am loving your words. Love your Moon of Yellow Singing post. Loved loved loved those red swirly shoes. I'm guessing you live near Seattle, where I lived for three years (it's so yummy there!). And I think your Awesome Quest challenge sounds excellent. I also would love to juggle, play guitar, and re-learn Spanish. I can't wait to hear which one you practiced, In Public!

    It really is lovely to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete