I wrote this more than a week ago... already, the equinox is less than a week away, and I am almost there, ready to settle down and turn inward.
...
September finds me floating in space, looking down at the turning season, the Turning of Attentions to School and the over-filled days. Everyone turns as One Body to look toward the future: the Content to be taken in, the Projects to be done, the Rhythm of the busy days, Getting back down to business. Up here, floating in September, I try to re-orient myself to the Turning, schooled business of my local world.
The truth is, I am floating because I am not ready to settle down, nor to go indoors. Soon. The Autumnal Equinox seems like it will be the right time, and it's not quite here. World, I think, Wait for Me.
Juxtaposed with the Ever-present Busyness, I find the Emptiness: the emptiness of the daytime public swim, the emptiness of the library, the blessed emptiness (except for the toddler set, of course) of most of the places we go. It is peaceful, but it is also, briefly, lonely-- Not Yet! I think. In a few weeks, the floating will end, and, later than most, we will settle slowly back down the the earth, to the re-connecting that comes with the cooling weather and the linking of ourselves to our hearth.
The Floating moon will pass into connection with the ground, and all that happens there. On the ground, I will meet the withering vines and the falling fruit. On the ground, I will meet the dropping leaves and the shuttered days.
Right now, I am still here, swimming not-unpleasantly in late-summer not-schooler juxtapositional space.


No comments:
Post a Comment