Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rivulet of Consciousness Blog

Sometimes I imagine conversations with trees.  I'm a little weird that way.

Hello, Forest, It's been awhile.  How sweet and rich you smell!


Hello, Melissa, welcome home!  We know you are happiest beneath our trees.  Here, have some salmonberries!


Oh, thank you, Forest!  It's been a long time.  I love these!  They're so beautiful. 



Thank you for bringing your children here.  We love the way they delight in us. Look how muddy they are!  They belong here, too. 

Thank you, Forest.  I love you.  We'll be back soon.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*


How does the world look from up there?  I am always looking up at my children.  The opposite is so often true, people looking down at them. 

I love the way you fly, even as it makes my ankles hurt to watch. 


The top of a baseball backstop is a fine place to spend an afternoon.



It takes time to find community.  It usually takes shared experiences, and many, many hours.  Sometimes years.  Sometimes we find ourselves in such lonely places, in the in-betweens of our lives.  It happens at all ages.

It's okay to feel that.  Don't you think?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, I like the flying picture - so great! So free! I can relate to your last statement of the lonely in-betweens of life. I am thankful that it feels like community is starting to come together more along with the sunshine. Lets hope they both stay around!

    ReplyDelete